Friday, August 31, 2012

Milestones

In the past six months, I've taught a total of four child development and two lifespan development classes.  We talk quite a bit about milestones.  It's probably a good thing my poor kiddos don't know how many times they come to class with me!  But because they do, I've thought quite a bit about the last 16 years I've been a parent.

For the most part, my kids have made it through their milestones better than their mama did!  They ran to each new development with excitement and smiles while I was dragging my heels with sniffles and tears.   That wasn't quite the case last night!  My oldest two shared another milestone together: their first high school game as a participant.

Okay, so it's not a typical, textbook milestone, but what an exciting event to share!

August 31, 2012--Yokota High School, Japan.  I watched my son make some fantastic tackles, score another TD, and call plays as quarterback!  I watched my daughter cheer on the sidelines and perform at halftime as a Varsity cheerleader for the very first time!

This was a milestone for me too!  I still had my camera and still took hundreds(!) of pictures but instead of sniffles and tears, it was my turn for smiles and cheers! Great job, Kaleigh and NZ!!  I am proud of you both!


**pictures to come at a later date**

No comments:

Post a Comment